My name is Maria Colomy and I am a graphic artist, designer, social media guru, and marketing consultant. My design career began while managing a marketing department at a software company in California, in 1999. Once I realized my passion for marketing and growing businesses I moved to Tennessee in 2003 to earn my Bachelors Degree in Graphic Art at Nossi College of Art. During college I continued to increase my knowledge of branding and marketing working at a local marketing firm and various printing companies.
Some of the projects that I have enjoyed in the past several years include:
- Helping a cosmetics store from its inception, from store layout to opening day and beyond.
- Creating book covers and designing book interiors
- Creating custom headers for folks who build their own sites
- Creating hand-drawn illustrations for a gardening book
- Creating Facebook pages and fan gates for musicians and local businesses
- Assisting with design work for political campaigns
- Freelancing in-house for clients who aren’t ready to hire a full-time designer
- Creating websites for those who own their own businesses
- Giving solid advice and guidance for those who don’t feel comfortable managing web campaigns… just to name a few!
While direct-mail and older media may still work for some, social media technology is changing the landscape of advertising. We are bombarded with thousands of media messages on a daily basis, and standing out through the noise is increasingly important. Design is more than aesthetic beauty. Great design is functional and delivers results.
Marketing is not what it used to be. In the age of technology social networking is the new word-of-mouth. How you interact on social networks can deliver enormous benefits if you know how to use those channels properly. I give my clients one-on-one attention and customized solutions. I do not believe that one size fits all. I have helped businesses both big and small. I can assist with small, one-time projects and equally, large, complex projects that involve long-term planning and research.
Take a browse through my portfolio, then give me a call to discuss your goals and ideas. I love nothing more than to help my clients succeed and would love to help you with your project.